EA, A versatile zoom optimized for both stills and video, the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM from Canon is a 28.8-216mm equivalent lens designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Incorporating NANO USM technology, this lens is characterized by its combination of a fast, stills-optimized ring-type Ultrasonic Motor and smooth, silent video-optimized stepping motor for all-around focusing performance to benefit multimedia image-makers. This dual-purpose AF motor also offers notably quicker performance throughout the zoom range for more responsive shooting from near to far. Additionally, also aiding both photo and movie recording, an Image Stabilizer system compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The lens is also compatible with the optional PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter for more natural and controllable zooming performance. Updated to suit the increasing presence of video in a photographer’s workflow, this zoom is versatile in regard to both focus handling as well as with its wide-angle to telephoto reach.
In regard to the optical design, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, along with one aspherical element, to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as limit spherical aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A standard zoom designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs, this 18-135mm lens provides a 28.8-216mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- The optical design incorporates one UD element and one aspherical element to minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for increased clarity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- NANO USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and near-silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- An Image Stabilizer compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting when working in difficult lighting conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- The optional PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter can be used for smoother, more natural and silent zooming control when recording video.