EA, Fast and versatile, the Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH. from Panasonic is a 30mm equivalent wide-angle lens for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its bright f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also avails greater control over the focus position for shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. Intuitive control over the aperture selection is also possible through the use of the manual aperture ring. In regard to focus, an internal focusing system with a stepping AF motor promotes fast, quiet, and smooth performance. The optical design incorporates three aspherical elements to reduce distortion and spherical aberration for sharper imagery with greater overall clarity. Additionally, a Nano Surface Coating has been applied to lens elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral photos and movies.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and offers a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and is also useful for controlling depth of field for selective focus applications.
- Three aspherical elements help to reduce spherical aberration and distortion to produce sharp, clear imagery.
- A Nano Surface Coating minimizes surface reflections throughout the entire visible spectrum for maintained contrast and color fidelity with a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- An internal focusing system, coupled with a stepping AF motor, results in fast, smooth, and precise focusing performance that is well-paired to both still shooting and movie recording.
- Metal lens barrel is accentuated by a dedicated MF/AF switch and an aperture ring for more direct, intuitive operation.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.