Ultra-Wide Portable Prime
Presenting an ultra-wide field of view, the Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G is a sleek and wide-eyed prime lens characterized by its portability, advanced optical design, and intuitive handling. It’s an ideal companion for a range of subjects, from architecture and interiors to landscape to vlogging, and the sleek size makes it a go-to wide-angle option for everyday and travel shooting.
G Lens Series
- Two AA (Advanced Aspherical) elements help to greatly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and helps to maintain a relatively compact form factor.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Handling
- Dual XD Linear Motor system, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that suits both photo and video applications.
- Linear Response manual focus control offers more natural handling and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Despite being an ultra-wide prime, the sleek design still accepts front 67mm threaded filters for easier creative control.
Compact, Portable Design
- Weighing just 12.3 oz, this sleek lens is an ideal choice for vlogging and walk-around shooting applications, and makes a great companion to APS-C-format cameras and working with gimbals or accessory grips.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
In the Box
- Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G Lens
- Sony ALC-F67S 67mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-SH162 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty