Featuring both an analog XLR connector and a digital USB-C connector, the Rode NT1 5th Generation represents another major leap forward for this highly regarded large-diaphragm workhorse microphone. The dual connection options offer a new level of flexibility, allowing users without an audio interface to plug directly into the computer for recording, podcasting, and streaming duties courtesy of the onboard 32-bit floating point A to D converter. Of course, if you have an audio interface, podcasting station, or favorite microphone preamp, no problem—just connect the mic’s XLR output to your analog equipment and you’re good to go. Combining a true-condenser capsule, ultralow-noise circuitry, and an extremely durable housing, the Rode NT1 5th Generation large-diaphragm cardioid microphone is well suited for high-resolution digital recording of vocal and instrument sources at home, in the studio, or even onstage.
Internally Shockmounted HF6 Cardioid Condenser Capsule
- Behind the protective mesh grille, the mic features Rode’s 1″ gold-sputtered HF6 capsule, designed to provide a detailed midrange response with smooth highs and warm bass.
- The cardioid polar pattern focuses audio capture on the souce in front of the mic, picking up less unwanted ambient sound from the back and sides.
- The transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote’s industry-leading Lyre system, minimizing external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics that have been designed to provide an extremely low noise level. The NT1 5th Gen is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring only 4 dBA of self-noise.
- The mic is powered by phantom power through the XLR connector or by bus power through the USB-C port.
Revolution Preamp and 32-Bit Floating Point Converters
- Rode has equipped the digital side of the NT1 5th Gen with some innovative features to ensure you get outstanding audio quality from the USB connection, beginning with the built-in Revolution preamp which provides plenty of ultralow-noise gain to feed the analog to digital converter.
- With its 32-bit floating point A to D converter, you’ll never need to worry about clipping again. The converter supplies supplies such a high headroom and wide dynamic range that its virtually impossible to overload, allowing you to worry less about maintaining perfect recording levels and focus more on your creative work.
- Sampling rates of up to 192 kHz are supported.
- The NT1 5th Generation is supplied with the SM6, a studio-grade suspension shockmount that provides isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
- The SM6 includes a removable pop shield with two axes of adjustment and a telescopic arm for ultimate application versatility.
- The mic also comes with a balanced XLR microphone cable and a USB-C to USB-C cable.
- A carrying pouch is also supplied.
Unlock More Creative Potential with the Rode App Suite
- Rode Central is an easy-to-use companion app for your NT1 5th Generation, giving you access to its processing and effects, input gain control, and firmware updates.
- Customize the sound signature to suit your voice with advanced APHEX processing, including the legendary Aural Exciter and Big Bottom.
- After configuring your microphone in RØDE Central, these settings persist in order to be used with your DAW or other audio software.
- All audio processing is managed by the powerful DSP chip inside the microphone, which takes a load off your CPU.
- Rode Connect is a simple and powerful software solution for podcasting with the NT1 5th Generation.
- Along with offering access to the microphone’s advanced DSP and firmware updates, this software lets you connect up to four Rode USB microphones to a single computer and features an intuitive interface for mixing and recording your podcast.
- Access powerful digital signal processing; including a noise gate, compressor and the legendary APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom.
- The software provides a fully featured recording interface, complete with broadcast-style faders, level metering, mute buttons, and more.
- UNIFY is the ultimate virtual mixing software for streaming with your NT1 5th Generation.
- The software gives you supreme control over your audio, whether you’re a Twitch streamer, YouTuber, or content creator.
- Route your audio sources into one intuitive mixer, find your perfect sound with professional processing, create completely independent mixes and record it all as multichannel audio for editing in post-production or simply output direct to OBS to stream it live.
- Say goodbye to DMCA and other copyright issues with UNIFY’s in-built multichannel recording feature. Record every track as a separate audio file, allowing you to mix the perfect, copyright-safe content for any platform, whether it be Twitch VODs, Clips, or YouTube cuts.
In the Box
- RODE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser XLR/USB Microphone
- RODE SM6 Shock Mount with Detachable Pop Filter
- USB-C to USB-C Cable (9.8′)
- XLR Microphone Cable (19.7′)