Combining high-resolution capture with a mobile workflow, the 15x zoom Canon XF605 UHD 4K HDR Pro Camcorder is a go-to choice for ENG, sports, entertainment, and narrative applications. This compact 1″ CMOS sensor camera with a DIGIC DV 7 engine features high sensitivity, Canon cinema color matrix choices, Canon Log 3, HDR support, and Eye AF and EOS iTR AF X (head detection) autofocus modes. It offers up to UHD 4K60 4:2:2 10-bit capture in a variety of both All-I and Long-GOP XF-AVC and MP4 H.264/H.265 formats with the ability to capture different codecs and rates simultaneously to its dual SD card slots. A Direct Touch Control touchscreen menu, four-channel XLR audio, simultaneous outputs, a USB-C video output, and an iPhone app built on established XF series features such as individual focus, iris, and zoom rings, and built-in ND filters.
Whether you shoot ENG, sports events, live entertainment, or broadcast-style footage, the Canon XF605 is poised to deliver high-resolution video using a compact form and mobile workflow options, including an iPhone app, a LAN port, and built-in dual-band, MIMO Wi-Fi.
UHD 4K CMOS Sensor
- Capture rates of up to UHD 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 include broadcast-friendly 59.94 frame rates
- High-speed capture at 1080p120 for revealing slo-mo shots
- A high sensitivity of up to 2000 lux at f/12 is perfect for dimly lit locations
DIGIC DV 7 Engine
The DIGIC DV 7 engine powers the camcorder’s processing of the 4K, 10-bit 4:2:2 video and selectable color matrix settings, including Canon EOS and other industry-standard matrix choices, as well as supporting Canon Log 3/HLG and PQ color spaces. The processor allows you to take advantage of the dual SD card slots for dual recording, relay recording, and multiple simultaneous recording options of your footage in MP4 or XFAVC.
15x Canon L Zoom
- A 15x optical/30x digital zoom (25.5-382.5mm 35mm equivalent) lets you reach shots near and far, whether in the field or the studio, and the 9-blade iris provides a pleasing natural bokeh
- Separate F/I/Z controls: Three rings provide professional, individual control over focus, iris, and zoom settings
- Image stabilization: Three optical IS choices include standard, dynamic, and powered IS for smoother motion shots
The XF605 is the first of the ENG-friendly XF family to offer two autofocus features familiar to Canon EOS series users that help keep your image sharp during dynamic shots:
- Eye AF zeroes in on your subject’s eye for crisp eye focus
- EOS iTR AF X (head detection) does a neat trick of remaining focused on your subject even after they turn their head to the side or away from the camera
Frame and Interval Recording
Create captivating time-lapse effects using the XF605’s Frame Recording and Interval Recording modes. Frame Recording captures a set number of frames with each press of the trigger. Interval Recording enables you to choose the number of frames recorded and the interval length between them.
Match the look of your other Canon cameras using the XF605’s cinema color matrix selections. Use Canon Log3, HLG, and PQ HDR for beautifully detailed images.
USB Video Out
- Thanks to a USB-C video output, you no longer need an HDMI to USB adapter
- Use the USB-C output to take advantage of all the XF605 features while using it as a webcam, boosting the image and audio quality of your streaming output
Gain intuitive touchscreen control, including start/stop with the XF605’s Direct Touch Control menu borrowed from the Canon C70 cinema camera.
CTM iPhone App
Canon’s new iPhone CTM (content transfer mobile) app enables a truly mobile news workflow. Use the app to exchange proxy footage, audio, and metadata through your phone connection and a newsroom server and integrate content into assignment planning software.
HDR-Compatible Viewing Options
- View your images simultaneously via the EVF (viewfinder) and fold-out LCD screen, and output via HDMI and SDI
- HDR compatibility enables you to see finely nuanced images, even in darker and brightly lit areas.
A new multifunction shoe on the XF605 enables you to access up to four inputs on the XLR audio unit, perfect for capturing ambient sound plus one to three speakers.
Lightweight, Compact Form
The compact XF605 is about 25% lighter and 10% smaller than the XF705, a difference you’ll appreciate on long shoot days.
Wired Remote Control
Use the LANC-based RC-V100 to control your main camera functions and shading options. Use an NU (RS-422) controller like the RC-IP100 to control the XF605 and other cameras in your network.
In the Box
- Canon XF605 UHD 4K HDR Pro Camcorder
- Canon BP-A30 Battery Pack for EOS C300 Mark II, C200, and C200B
- Canon CA-CP200L Compact AC Power Adapter
- Canon Single Battery Charger for EOS C300 Mark II, C200, and C200B Batteries
- Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty