With a capacity of 5TB, the LaCie 5TB Rugged USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C External Hard Drive marries a USB 3.0 Type-C interface and data transfer speeds of up to 130 MB/s with rugged durability that provides a drop resistance of up to 4′, crush resistance of up to 1 ton, and rain resistance, making this drive suitable for all-terrain storage, whether you’re in the field or in your home. It can be used to store large Lightroom libraries, as a shuttle drive to transport footage from a set to a post-production house, or just for general tasks.
LaCie’s 5TB Rugged USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C External Hard Drive is compatible with Windows 7 and later and macOS 10.12 and later, but should also work on earlier versions of macOS, such as 10.9 and 10.11. It is powered using the USB bus, meaning that no external power adapters are required for use. Included is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C cable, and two years of Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Services. General protection is provided by a limited 2-year warranty.
- USB Type-C interface for next-generation systems
- The included USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C cable works with Windows and Mac
- Bus powered for mobile workflows
- Drop-resistant up to 4′
- Crush-resistant up to 1 ton
- Water-resistant to rain
In the Box
- LaCie 5TB Rugged USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C External Hard Drive
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C Cable
- Limited 2-Year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Services
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty